View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #17
jam4shi
AF Newbie

Something else to remember guys...

For those of you that may happen to be converting an N/A 2+2 to a TT make sure that you are prepared to spend slightly more money... about $700 more. TT swap was made to be a B***h just so people can change from liking a nissan to lusting for a nissan. Be safe patient and prepared to know that your going to make mistakes if you try new shortcuts without experience. Although the instructions seem simple there are many other things that your going to just have to learn on your own...

Might I suggest
Ordering your parts from anybody may seem like a good idea at first but trust me its not. There are people with money that are still thursty for more and really don't care how they get it so if your on a TT only budget, always be prepared to purchase other simple things that people don't care about you worrying about. i.e. bolts, nuts, and gaskets. Be sure to also check out everything when your ordering it. Chances are, especially if its your first swap, that many of the parts that your order are not only going to be difficult to find but once you do find them getting them to yourself once you need them... For instance you may have ordered your full engine and transmission but won't later discover that your transmission is missing your its bolts.

Keep in mind what kind of car it is that you have, even though there may not be many in your area, there are many being used (parts wise). What this means is that your parts that you ordered have been around a few times. The dealer that you bought it from probably didn't have the 300 full body but probably just parts for it laying around. Mechanic shops that don't want to buy new parts usually dont care because they are just trying to make a sale.

Finnaly as mentioned before this is not an easy swap so take your time, understand that nissan isn't a simple american small block, learn from your mistakes the first time please, and enjoy your new wonderful probably permanent new edition to your racing family.

BTW: excellent post k3
Highly professional and clariful keep up the good work
jam4shi is offline   Reply With Quote