View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 12:48 AM   #1
blahcomp222
AF Newbie

how is my radiator even holding any fluid at all??

2000 ford ranger.

hopefully the only leak is the pic with the red circle I made around where the black tank has a small crack. I put some standard JB weld on it (said ok for plastic) but it's still leaking the next day. Maybe I didn't allow 24 hrs before driving it a youtuber mentioned, anyway I'm searching for a specific radiator patch kit now, the truck is a real POS about to basically be scrapped, soon so I'm not trying to replace anything.

a couple days ago I took off and left off the big plastic shield that protects the radiator from road debris in order to try and find the leak. Next day drove about 2 hours highway. Then I noticed as shown in pic, the radiator grill fins, the bottom tube/line has all these little holes in it and completely a hole through it. I don't think this happened from 2 hours of highway driving without the plastic shield on, the truck is extremely rusty but this seems like stainless but still I don't think these holes just happened.

It still holds antifreeze somewhat decently though even with the hole right through it. how is that possible?
Some days I can drive an hour and not really need to top off the expansion tank, other days the expansion tank is almost empty. I keep antifreeze in truck w/ me.

Hoping to get a patch that actually works (sand off previous) and not have any leaks besides that one, but if does then I guess I'll get a used radiator from junk yard but afraid flair nuts on trans lines will cause a nightmare from corrosion. getting rid of truck within 2 months anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg radiator leak (1).JPG (164.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg radiator leak (2).JPG (222.5 KB, 10 views)
blahcomp222 is offline   Reply With Quote