View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #33
JLad10687
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to JLad10687
Re: Whats a nice import car for 4-5k?

With enough money, thats limitless. It just depends on how much you want to spend. If you put another 5G+ into an integra, you could probably get it to 250 horsepower. Im not 100% sure on that, thats just what I'm estimating. I said only 5G because I think you can find cheaper turbo kits for the integra so if you can turbo it for about 3G, youre in buisiness. Of course, if youre only putting 3G into your turbo system, you wont be able to get 22PSI out of it but the boost will still help exponentially.

No one has mentioned it but I just thought of another car, maybe an early 90s 240SX. Im not sure how tuneable the stock engines are but there is a huge aftermarket for those and if its a project car, its good because you can always pick up the 2R20DET which is highly tuneable. You can def. find one of them cheaper then 5G and maybe even a late 80s early 90s supra or 300ZX. I personally am not a fan of the Acura/Honda high output engines because you're always up at 6000 rpm and I just dont like that winding noise at the high of RPM, it brings tears to my eyes for the engine. The supra, 240, and 300ZX are all RWD too so you will probably get a better launch and I personally feel Toyos and Nissans are much more reliable then Honda.

JLad10687 is offline   Reply With Quote