View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 03:06 PM   #13
reddnekk
AF Newbie

Re: EveryOne with Transmission problems... A Chrysler Secret...! Read This...!

I am newcome to this forum, but old timer regarding 89 dodge B250 with 4speed tranny. The hulk has 275000 on it, orig untouched engine and tranny. But recently am getting buck and jump occasionally when in 4th gear. If I lock out overdrive it stops. It is worst when accelerating.

I am suspicious that the solenoid which engages the overdrive is going bad, but after reading all these posts, think maybe now it is bad or corroded connection. Just got through putting vacuum modulator in wife's 93 Regal which cured similar problem (got suggestion from Buick forum expert) and thus managed to translate the Haynes manual.

Have being running synthetic oil since got this vehicle at 71000 miles several years ago and it has been one of the most dependable faithful hardworking vehicles I have owned in the past 60 years. I admit it's only the third chrysler product I have had (the others: a 39 Dodge business coupe; a 62 Fury wagon). Before I crawl under the SOB (which is increasingly difficult for me) I will appreciate any ideas, thoughts, suggestions.
reddnekk is offline   Reply With Quote