View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
kratefan
AF Enthusiast

Re: Park Ward V's Maybach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartin
Seems the competition is heating up around the Maybach and Rolls! If one had the money it should not be at all hard to determine which vehicle one should choose!

It has to be the Rolls Royce! Every time without fail! At the end of the day, the reason for these types of cars is simple! To present oneself as a successful and, to some degree, rich as F@ck person!
At the end of the day:
“I’m successful and filthy rich, I’m driven around in a new Rolls Royce!” or
“I’m successful and filthy rich, I’m driven around in a new Maybach?” It doesn’t promote that air of success, elegantness and all round prestige the Rolls has and demonstrates! At the end of the day, the Maybach is very good and possibly a car of the future. But at the moment Mercedes need to drop the price by at least half, and promote it as an alternative because it just cannot compete in the desirability stakes!
There are some things that make a very good car great. Cars like Aston Martin, Rolls, Bentley and to some degree TVR, and that’s British Heritage, British Prestige, British Craftsmanship. “Best of British!”

The Rolls will reign supreme of the Maybach simply on its Merit, its heritage, it’s a Rolls at the end of the day!

Aston Martin Man
Having ridden in the back seat of a Silver Cloud, I can truly say that the Rolls is a cool car. The Maybach 57 seems to be more of a Bentley car, one that the owner drives. The 62 does seem to be more of a "driven in " car. I think the difference between the Phantom and the 62 is perception. The Rolls is a Personal 747, the Maybach a personal Concorde.
Jeff
kratefan is offline   Reply With Quote