View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 05:39 AM   #11
manu80
AF Regular

Re: Maserati MC12 Racing 2005 1:24 by E.JAN -Kit Review-

Interesting subject. i have ordered one too.
A guy in france bought one, put some pics on a forum, immediatly people were like "yeah, wrong here and here etc...." So the thoughts can be divided. Funny to see that the japanese are always wrong but for renaissance no one says nothing....anyways....
DO we want correct kit ? yes. Even if they're expensive? Big yes ! but Must it be flawless? mmm good question.
For the renaissance aston, it's true that the shape is wrong.. I bought a Hiro kit to see also the difference, the hiro is better in shape terms but really lacks of details. Nice brakes, wheels, body but no interior, wrong painting instructions, decals etc. But th erenaissanc eis made from the eye as the Hiro is made from apparently the car plans.
Ok. Nice to have those kits on the shelf, but I think manufacturers shouldn't play too much with our wallets. The MC12 has some wrong details , right, the slot body looks better on some points but brands like ACE, Wolf, renaissance, Hiro , if they wanna do a great kit should really consider taking care of details. Since the Web you can get a lot of reference sources for nothing. So careful. Sorry this seems like a big monologue...

But unfortunaltely should we say "no one make this car" or "well it exists but it needs a little work to make it look good? " I don't know... Even studio release F1 but inaccurate ,but no way i go to revelle kits and I'm fed up of tamiya, that even if they're nice, they go really expensive for less details and parts (the NSX is hoax to me. even no brake discs except on the PE sheet? no way ! ). Working on a resin has the little "unperfect touch" and is so much cooler to do as it demands more work....

Back to the kit I wonder is Hiro is aware of all that problems....

Hope to get mine soon and start it. Any hints fo the blue?
TS44? TS15 seems too dark though....

MANU
manu80 is offline   Reply With Quote