Thread: Where are they?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2002, 09:44 PM   #10
Euro19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Euro19 Send a message via AIM to Euro19 Send a message via Yahoo to Euro19
Quote:
Originally posted by Banzai
I think the design is a really good try from Isuzu. Really, it looks like a sport off-roader. It's certainly better than any Land/Range Rover or X5's.

And I don't think it's got 215 hp. It's more like 250 hp. That's what I got told from a friend of mine who just got one and is pleased about his investment.

It sure is a pity it isn't selling well. The design is radical. It's not at all ugly. And I believe the main reason it isn't selling well is because of a lack of advertising and publicity. Isuzu doesn't have large number of dealerships in the States you know. Even in Japan, Isuzu only has 1 dealership chain whereas Toyota has around 5 different ones.
I donīt think that the number of Isuzu dealerships has anything to do with their sales, because the Rodeo sells like hot bread for example. The main reason I think itīs because is some what small and has only 3 doors and I think a bit high price tag, so people usually would not buy an expensive 3 door SUV! The Rav4 3 door sells ok cause itīs less expensive. #2: Advertising isnīt bad, I used to see many advertisings in issues of US magazines (specially car magazines). #3: The design of the dashboard is old (tooken from the 1994 Rodeo!) and thatīs a turn off.
And yes, even tough I have never seen one on the road and donīt expect too (actually I saw one on sale at a place where they sell exotic and specials cars) I think it looks cool in gray and black, maybe it would look nice in white too.

why is everybody talking all this stuff about me, why donīt just they let me live?

- Daewoo

The Best SUV itīs korean!

Euro19 is offline   Reply With Quote