View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 11:01 PM   #1
ollin
AF Newbie

'00 328CI - Engine keeps dying while running

1. This never happend before and just started recently. It doesn't happen all the time but occasionally. Recently having this problem at least once a day. After I start the engine, maybe after a quarter mile to a mile.. while in motion my engine just dyes on me. Soon after I restart the engine.. it just doesn't feel right. The RPM moves up but the speed doesn't catch up as it used too. Did this happend to anybody else? I am really frustrated. I want to know exactly what's wrong before I take it to the BMW dealer. Your information is much appreciated. Lately, I've been having soooooo much trouble with my car.

2. Cam shaft - my "SERVICE ENGINE SOON" light comes out and the BMW dealer says it's the Cam shaft. I need to replace it. What does a Cam shaft do? Does this have anything to do with the problem I am having with the engine dying on me?

3. I recently had a oil change at the BMW dealer and soon after I start the engine the oil lamp sign comes on and disappears. The BMW dealer says it could be the oil lamp sensor gone bad. What does this mean?

Arghhhhhh so frustrated....
ollin is offline   Reply With Quote