View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #109
bah humbug
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bah humbug
Re: Car modeling... confessions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitbash View Post
I start every project with the firm intention of doing a simple, clean, out-of-box build. Soon the project is absolutely out of control, with all the crap I scratchbuild or fix. Shortly after that, I totally burn out and put that project away, never to be seen again. Then, I start a new project and the whole cycle starts over. I have not finished a single thing since 1997. And like everyone else, I spend WAY more time thinking about projects than actually doing something about it, and I have, at this point in my 55-year old life, probably 2000 or so kits in all scales and all brands that will in all likelihood, never, ever get built.

And if I were forced out of this hobby for some reason, you might as well kill me.
Oh man I can really relate with this minus the 2000 kits haha. Any pictures of your giant stash of kits? I bet it looks like any scale modeler's dream.

Edit: Nvm what I said, I just saw your GTO build thread and your on a whole different level with attention to detail. ( I mean that in a good way)