Thread: TV Addict??
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 07:17 AM   #1
00accord44
High on Potenuse

Send a message via AIM to 00accord44 Send a message via MSN to 00accord44 Send a message via Yahoo to 00accord44
TV Addict??

Remember the days when there were three channels and like 10 series to follow and discuss with friends?? Well maybe you aren't old enough to go back that far, but with the 9,000,000 cable networks available its nearly impossible to find people that watch three of the same shows anymore.

So what are your current top three series? What show will throw you into a rage if its not on your DVR?? What show is in hiatus and you watch repeats just to get your fix??? For me its:

1) Luther
Seen on BBC, season 3 starts in August. Idris Elba as a London detective.
Wayyyy better than your cookie cutter cop drama. Effing excellent criminals and some really disturbing crimes that can make you uncomfortable in your own home. Only 10 episodes do far, but all very high quality. Best series I've seen since The Wire (my all time favorite)

2) The Walking Dead
Seen on AMC, season 3 finale was about a month ago. No big stars in the cast (our at least I've never heard of any of them) surviving in a world overrun by flesh eating zombies (walkers).
I've never been a fan of zombie BS cause its always so ridiculous, but this series is about the humans instead of all about slow-strolling dead guys. Great characters on this show. The main human antagonist REALLY makes you hate his guts! Interesting twists thrown in keep it from being a predictable story. Plus they have some excellent makeup artists making the walkers look truly disgusting and realistic.

3) Justified
Seen on FX, season 3 finale next week. Timothy Olyphant as a Kentucky Sheriffs Marshall.
Not as outstanding as Luther but there seasons of good writing, an interesting story line, characters with personality, and most importantly unpredictability.

So what had you tuned in every week??

00accord44 is offline   Reply With Quote