View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 07:47 PM   #16
Bryan Burkhalter
AF Newbie

Re: Performance mods that DO work

I have a 2000 GMC Jimmy(2wd). 121K miles on it. My question(s) are specific to my vehicle, as most of the answers I've found on the internet are generalized for models ranging from 96-01 or 99-03, etc. etc.. Fact or opinion are acceptable answers/inputs. I'm just trying to get an idea from other Jimmy owners or those in the know about these modifications as to how they could possibley affect performance. My list is fairly short and simple, and I am a low budget modifier until someone gets George W. to up the military paycheck

Underdrive pulley set (about as expensive as I can get)
http://www.sfxperformance.com/parts/JET90105.htm

Cold air intake. Have researched this site, and will probably go with a less expensive, generic type.

Lubricating rear leafs. Going to look for some graphite or teflon spray lube tomorrow for this.

Spark plugs/wires. Not sure if this is worth the money yet.

Riser plate. Will this work for the 2000 year model? I'm a bit slow, and was slightly confused whether or not this mod included my year model.

Oil change. Going to use the Dyno synthetic as suggested. Will include checking differential for proper lube as well.

Fuel filter. Engine is not running rough at all, but I'm thinking this couldn't hurt.

These things seem simple enough, but I'm a very anal person and want to know everything I can and from every angle before I get started on these. Again, and inputs/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Bryan Burkhalter is offline   Reply With Quote