View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 05:47 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: Do not buy a dodge

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
Family member has a 2013 dodge. water pump leaks. dealership/dodge corp has NO water pumps. 5.7L hemi

dealership will no give a vehicle to use. dealership says if the engine blows up dodge will replace it. corp says its a big problem to get parts now ????

dealership cannot get parts from a dealership that has the part ????

must get part from dodge corp only... cannot put in a water pump that is a dodge OEM pump if I bought it. it must be from dodge corp direct.

60K miles. dealership has 5 cars waiting for this water pump !!!!!

SO DO NOT BUY A DODGE STAY AWAY OR SELL IT TRADE IT IN BEFORE THE SH*T HITS THE FAN....
Have it towed to your place and install a new or rebuilt water pump. If you believe they will warranty knowing you have a bad water pump I personally think they will not. I even doubt will install gaskets free.
Your always free to call a tow truck and have the vehicle to an independent garage. Dealers buy from Napa all the time I've seen delivery trucks their all the time.
You could also tell them to order a rebuilt and install it or you will have it towed. I seriously doubt a 2013 which is four years old is under warranty.

Last edited by rhandwor; 02-04-2017 at 09:22 AM.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote