View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 09:36 AM   #13
Brndo
AF Newbie

Re: 02 Blazer Has Power Won't Crank Won't Start - HELP AGAIN PLEASE

OK Trying to restart this thread. I am still have starting issues. The other day my alternator died (voltage regulator). No problem I don't even remember changing the alternator ever, it's been hot and I've been using the AC a lot. I put in a brand new (not reman) alternator and off I went all weekend.

Monday is good...go to start the truck on this morning Tuesday and it won't start. I have full dash lights and headlights but when I turn the key nothing happens-won't even try to start and no visible draw from all the lights that are on.

1) Is it possible that an alternator with a voltage regulator going bad caused such a load on a four month old battery that my battery is no good now?

I cannot believe that there is a short some where all of a sudden, I think these problems are related. Wanted feedback before pulling fuses one by one to find a nonexistent short.

Any guesses PLEASE???

2) Also, anyone know if a 100 amp alternator is what comes stock with the truck? I have power everything and AC but no aftermarket electronics.

Last edited by Brndo; 07-26-2016 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Forgot
Brndo is offline   Reply With Quote