View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 05:47 AM   #40
richtazz
stupidity should hurt

Re: Want to know what bike to start on **read this first**

What year is the GSXR? If it's a relatively new one, you're going to hurt yourself. The newer GSXR-750's have as much power as liter class bikes of only a few years ago, only they're lighter and more twitchy. The bike you are choosing is a hard edged sportbike, and not at all forgiving. At 18, I would give you a 75% chance of landing yourself in the hospital if you buy that bike for your first one. You're probably going to look at my pics/profile and see that I ride a Harley and think I don't know what I'm talking about. I've been riding (between dirt bikes and road bikes) for twice as long as you've been alive. I've ridden everything from powercruisers (Honda Magna, Kawi KZ-900), to a sportbikes (Kawi ZX-11, Honda VFR, etc...)to my current Harley and I know what I speak of. Please, Please heed our warnings and rethink your choice of first bike. In addition to the expense of insurance, the plastic on sportbikes is really $$$$ when you eventually drop it.

Still waiting for the "good old days" I'll get to bore my future grandchildren with!
richtazz is offline   Reply With Quote