View Single Post
Old 10-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #3
imster
AF Newbie

Re: Honda NSR500 (1984)

Ok so not a huge amount done, mainly because I have been preparing for my UK trip as I have a fair bit of work to do while I am there. There will not be another update for over a month as I will be back home on the 23rd of September.

So here is the progress so far. I built the clutch and had to modify the kit clutch plate as the ones in the Top Studio set didnt match (which you will be able to see in the pics below). That said, Top Studio have done a great job with the quality and fit of all the clutch components. I have done a quick picture roll showing the various steps of the Top Studio clutch set.

Packaging, here you can see in the top left of the packaging the 3 resin clutch covers that covers pretty much all the Honda clutches of that era except for the 84 NSR500 (which I only found out about after opening the packet), normally you would choose which of the 3 covers to use based on reference:

Clutch basket with the different clutch spacers and plates:

All together:

The top plates which hold the clutch plates in position:

One of the resin covers with the assembly. 2nd pic below shows the bolts that go on the surface of the clutch plate. 3rd pic shows how it would look with one set of bolts on:

Comparison of the kit clutch cover and the Top Studio version (huge difference):

Cutting the kit clutch plate to get it the right thickness to fit over the Top Studio clutch assembly:

Modifications complete, I also smoothed the edges down of the kit part as it looked too blocky

Completed with Alclad Steel and PE bolt heads:

Next I began filling in the frame and rear swingarm with putty:

And rear swingarm primered, modified for the PE chain adjusters, and ready for welds to be added:
imster is offline   Reply With Quote