View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 AM   #47
imster
AF Newbie

Re: Honda NSR500 (1984)

Finally I was able to get back on with this build!

I decided to tackle the front forks next, lots of extra details were added and a little bit of scratch building too. I did notice that if you use the detail up parts for the front fork, then at the top of the trees the shock adjusters dont fit correctly, its possible I wasnt mocking it all up correctly so could be just me. As a result of the headaches with the detail up parts I decided to use the kit suspension struts and do a little modification to enable me to use some of the detail up parts for this kit.

I sprayed the shock bodies a mix of Alclad Steel and Alclad Pale Burnt Metal (not sure of the ratios as I did this by judgement). The rest of the forks were painted with Tamiya Semi-Gloss Black. The tie wraps around the black covers were made with extra thin styrene sheet (0.13mm thick) cut into strips, in order to make them secure I drilled holes into the shock bodies to enable me to anchor the strips and put tension through them so they look more realistic.

I used epoxy for the front fender as it tends to be pretty flimsy where it glues to the front forks.

I also managed to install the chain, it was a bit of a challenge and I am glad that the chain was built strong otherwise it would have fallen apart after a few minutes of adjusting it to get it over the front and rear sprockets. I also weathered the chain slightly on the rollers.

On with the pictures!

Next up is to finish off the front forks, then move on to the handlebars and instrument panels, already I can see that there is lots of modifications required for the handlebars so the job is going to be a long one I think! I will also try to do a photo how to on the front end and how I modified parts etc.

Thanks for looking and as always C&C always appreciated
imster is offline   Reply With Quote