View Single Post
Old 10-14-2002, 07:47 PM   #73
bladerider
AF Newbie

Talking I come in peace !!

Hi........this is my first post.......I got linked here from the UK GTR Register

I thought I would just add my 2p's worth as I have just read this thread and am amazed at how petty it is in here.....I think some peeps may have lost the plot.

The Yank muscle boys defendind their right to burn as much petrol as possible in thundering chariots with engines bigger than my dads boat!!

And the Jap fanatics ranting over which model of civic is the best.....

Why cant we all just agree that we are motivated by the same force..........the infernal combustion engine!! lol

Who cares if its normally aspirated or turbo'd, 8litres or 2......the point is we spend as much as we can afford on our rides (more than you can afford if your like me) and we should be proud of them.

I personally would have loved a Bugatti EB110S quad turbo.....and then tuned it just for a laugh....but unless I win a lottery its never gonna happen.

Be thankful that we all appreciate nice cars, and we still live in a society that permits them....I dont know what its like in the US, but over here in England "car" is fast becoming a swear word that will soon be taxed to death.

The only thing I would point out is...........enjoy it while it lasts - I am !!..............Oh yeah, and please stop all the BS and pettiness............a single cam V8 does have its cam in the centre with pushrods, and F1 engines do indeed rev to 18,000rpm+ with 850bhp, but does it really matter?? What relevance does this have in the real world..........and yes a well tuned gtr will beat a viper, but thats not all that relevant at the macdonalds drive thru either is it??

I did not wish to start an argument, I just wished to give an outside observation..........if I had run out of petrol, 10 miles from a garage and I thought that a mustang driver wouldnt pick me up cos I drive a skyline I would feel sad.........I would certainly stop if the situation were reversed.

End of lecture.......sorry!!

James...........