View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 08:33 PM   #6
jemst
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 windstar rear axle beam assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubacat View Post
I just looked up the dealer info on the recall notice, and it seems that the refund offer expired 12/31/2015.

When did you pay the $1100 and when did you ask for the refund? (And do you have documentation of that?)
I just had this fail and pay for the fix about 2 months ago. The recall was done soon after the initial recall notice (remembering that they did not have parts in to do it at first) and then they recalled it again to verify it was done correctly. Now it failed and broke through the reinforcing brackets that were installed by the recall to prevent the axle from breaking. Dealer said they could not cover the failure and pointed me to the Ford 800 consumer line and they were VERY negative and outright dismissive. Gave me a PO box in in MI that they said I can write a letter to and stated it is not covered and they would do no more.

The thing they kept pointing to is that I had the recall done. Had I not had the recall done they stated they would have covered it. Kind of a backward thinking as I followed their guidance and had the recall done ASAP initially to avoid the broken axle and the potential of serious accident.
jemst is offline   Reply With Quote