Thread: Subs in my BED
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2005, 01:22 AM   #31
dice daniels
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Subs in my BED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBFryman
you cna do a cut through but unless you know what you are doing plan on a leaky cab or your enclosure getting seriously ragged out....the bed will flex with the frame....and if you hit a big enough hole you will snap your enclosure right in half

and whoever told whoever that 15's dont last as long as 10's or 12's.... well dont listen to that persone because they need to be shot right now...
I realy didd'nt think it was true. I heard it from about 3 people but then again they were all buddies and only one of them had a decent system. I was told they start getting stress creases. But shit if it aint true then I guess I know now.

The only bed cut through I have ever helped with was damn near more work than it was wourth. he cut a hole through the cab and bed and pushed his box through to the back of the seats and drove down the road to test it out. He ended up busting his box to shit when he hit the first bump. I finaly talked him into going to an rv shop and buying a boot for going between a camper shell and the cab. It was still a bitch though.We had to have custom cut rings made to bolt the boot in, and once we finaly got it in, the body still flexed too much when he went off road. It almost ripped the boot so we had to put soft rubber bushings between the bed and the frame and then use 1 inch body lift spacers to get the body lines to line back up. It turned out to be pretty damn nice once he built a new box and got it all set up. he ran 4 15" momos for a while and then upgraded to jl about a year later and started competing. But I still would'nt want to do it myself. It may knock the wind out of you but its way too much damn work.
dice daniels is offline   Reply With Quote