View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004, 02:17 PM   #180
3000ways
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: The evo8 or ls1 firebird trans am??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Sanchez
Sorry to tell you this but for 5 grand an Fbody will go just as fat friend. Actually maybe for less. Your name alone implies your bias! When you are biased towards one side there are always stats, figures, facts, and personal accounts to back up your beliefs, the same could be said of anyone biased towards the Fbody if they look hard enough they'll find the facts, stats, figures, and personal accounts to back up there arguements as well. Sorry to say but 1/4 mile for the most part belongs to the Fbody. However I'd give the track to the EVO hands down!
Sorry to tell you, but it doesn't take 5 grand to get an EVO in the 12s, try more like less that $2,000. $5,000 easily puts the EVO in the 11s. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for the Camaros and Mustangs of the world just like anybody else, but don't be ignorant to the fact that the EVO is also an awesome car to tune. Besides the Camaro and Mustang are entirely different cars, only thing in common is price, if you compare the all around performance of the EVO, the Camaro and Mustangs are no match (unless your talking Saleen or etc.). The difference is the EVO is just at home on the drag strip as it is on the race track, or on the street racing scene in the United States and the rest of the world. Even in Russia they race EVOs on frozen lakes, and in the deserts of South Africa, the point is, when ever, where ever, and how ever, you want to race the EVO is ready and willing. Let's not forget the EVO has barely been around in the USA and the world for like alittle over 10 years, the Camaros and Mustangs have been around for much longer than that. So if the EVO makes it through Mitsubishi's problems, it will only get better. Also prepare for the EVO MR which costs under $35,000 and does the 1/4 Mile in the 12s stock. For your enjoyment here is a some videos of EVOs in action check it out-

http://features.evolutionm.net/article/lanevo/39/4