View Single Post
Old 09-24-2004, 06:28 PM   #4
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Re: k&n recharger...excess oil

Well I found out why it was soaked...my 'oh-so-considerate' housemate put it in a plastic bag after he managed to soak it in the shower (where it had been set to drip and dry overnight) So it isn't quite as bad as I thought...it still has a bit of excess oil, but not as much as I originally thought when I found it still dripping this afternoon. I gently dried it off with paper towels, and have it air-drying again. So hopefully it wont be too bad. I did a search and it is rumored to clog/dirty the MAS if you oil it too much...so I'm hoping this isn't wont be the case. K&N denies this rumor, but plenty of people do seem to think it is true. So I guess I'll find out. So I guess I'm just gonna play it by ear and obviously not use it until it has dried enough...it just sucks not being able to drive for 2 days because of an air filter...
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote