View Single Post
Old 07-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #1
Deepdoodoo
AF Newbie

Car pulls to the left

I bought a car a year ago that had been hit in the front right. There was minimal frame damage. The repair shop didn't repair the frame so I could see it was minimal. The car has always pulled slightly to the left. I put new tires on it and it still pulled to the left. I had the tires rebalanced and rotated yesterday after about 6k miles. They were wearing normally. I took it to the alignment shop this AM. (all the guy does his whole life (and he's in his 60s) is front end work and has a reputation for being honest and the best at what he does.)He said he had to adjust the toe in but otherwise it is OK, but still pulls to the left (maybe a little worse). He says it's a tire problem. He didn't charge me a nickel (wouldn't even take a tip). So I think he's being honest. I asked about the front end damage and he said that couldn't be it. I'm wondering if he's right. In my logic if the was damage on the right and something was bent it would pull to the right. When they do an alignment do they check the distance between the front and rear tires? Thanks
Deepdoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote