Thread: Engine swap
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #23
daveshapellSVT
Specvgini

Re: Engine swap

srt-4's are quick for the money but they are cheap cars with poor interiors and poor resale value. personally i think the 2.4 in the tc is a great engine. dohc with vvti and 160hp is a good starting point. not to mention the tc has a real nice interior. car has lexus quality interior for the price of a shitty gm car. the tc has unbelievable aftermarket support. these cars were created with that sole intention. If anyone wants to go fast in any FWD 4 cylinder then they should be buying a turbo kit. msrp 16990 for a base tc, figure in another 5000 for the turbo kit after tax and shipping and your at 21k and making more power then a srt-4 with plenty of room to grow. i tryed purchasing an srt-4 not very long ago, and i was kinda iffy cause i didn't like the quality, but they hack up the prices on those things and try to fuck ppl. they wanted 20k for a 2004 with 16k miles. my buddy bought one for 17k with 28k miles on it. and he blows the intercooler piping off constantly on stock boost. srt-4 's are a dying fad that ppl jumped on at first but now they are realizing there mistakes. first the car can't be driven with the factory tires in snow so be prepared to ditch out bucks for snow tires in that size in profile, secondly the resale value is poor and your gonna end up upside down on a trade in, thirdly it has neon features. crapy hollow interior with knobs that are ready to fall apart. i must say the tc is a great high quality car for the money and my favorite aspect was the solid interior.
2002 Mustang GT ( 4:10 gears, X pipe, cat back, CAI, Under drive pulley set, Intake plenum, throttle body, Tuned) 13.7@101mph https://youtu.be/btMHZeoZTS0
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeu...PX2WMqty2z4aPw
2015 Jeep renegade trailhawk
2017 VW Jetta TSI 1.8T
daveshapellSVT is offline   Reply With Quote