View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
white97ex
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to white97ex Send a message via Yahoo to white97ex
Looking for reference: Gulf/Davidoff longtail

I used to be pretty active over in the model car forum here on AF. I started back to building replicas last November and have set a goal of building one highly detailed/super detailed build a year, to be entered in every contest/show I can find the following year. My current entry is a NASCAR race car that has won it's class in every contest I have entered and is currently awaiting judging for the State Fair of Texas.

My build to be entered next year is the Aoshima Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail in teh Gulf/Davidoff livery.

I have found a lot of good reference for everything seen from the top side, though albums or links to pages with good reference material is always welcome!

What I am having trouble finding are pictures, if any exist or are in circulation, of the under side of the car. I would like to get the color/shade and/or carbon fiber detail as correct as possible throughout the build, and that is the biggest piece that I am missing reference for!

I've browsed through some threads here and it appears as though a lot of the pictures are gone.

Any recommendations on books for reference, etc? I would like to not spend $100's on books, however.

I'd rather be hated for Who I Am than be loved for Who I Am Not
white97ex is offline   Reply With Quote