View Single Post
Old 07-02-2005, 12:57 AM   #35
longlivetheZ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to longlivetheZ Send a message via MSN to longlivetheZ
Re: 240z RB25det or RB26dett Swap

45 years of cooking...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. There's no way I wanna do the same thing my whole life. COULD I? Sure. Do I WANT TO? No. I definately have the passion and drive. I can and will do anything I damn well feel like doing. The only thing I've ever actually failed at that I actually tried to do was the physical test for the Florence Police Department. Did it all (with 3 days notice,at that) except for the mile and a half. I've never been a long distance runner. My calves were cramping SO BAD from the previous run (400 meter or whatever, which I completed) that there was even LESS of a chance that I was gunna be able to do this mile and a half in the alotted time (16.15...sounds easy but it's not if you're not a long distance guy.)...which sucked cuz I already did the push ups, sit ups, bench press, and the 400M run (or whatever it was...3/4 around a 1/4 mile track...whatever that is). Waiting till they do the testing again...I WILL get it this time.

As for all the other shit, I'm seriously thinking about trying to get just some lame, low paying, easy job at the local shop I take (and have BEEN taking) my car(s) to. I don't even care what I'm doing. It's a place called Superior Imports and I've taken every car I've ever owned there (all 3 Zs, and the Celica...not the Prelude) and my dad has taken the only Porsche he's owned while in Kentucky there as well. GREAT shop. Dude named Dan has been doing it for...like...30 years or something crazy like that. He'll tell you what's wrong with your car before even looking at it 9 times out of 10. It's just so EASY for me to get a decent paying job in restaurants.

All in all, I will do all I want to (want to go to school for music, which I am in august, want to go to school for my MCSE certification, want to go to school for cars or engines or engineering or something to that effect and I'd like to get my CDL. I'd like to learn how to/be able to drive anything/damn near anything on wheels...and I think I already have a decent start at it....driven cars, big and small, as well as trucks big and small...or should I say, medium and small...time to move on.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin
longlivetheZ is offline   Reply With Quote