View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 10:45 AM   #8
datsunscom
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Twin Turbo Swap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3smostwanted
anyways, it is the same nissan part number as far as i know, the transmissions are identical except for the the size of the bellhousing. you will need a custom made bracket that moves the starter farther off the housing to account for the slightly larger TT flywheel. other than that i havent really heard much about it...

i heard a while back that the N/A transmission wasn't a good idea if you plan on making some decent power with the TT engine,
Ahh, the NA-TT swap - sadly the same conversion was done in my Datsun, so I feel your pain (ok actually Ron Tyler (www.rontyler.com) feels your pain).

NA-TT you need about a 1/8in SPACER between the starter and bellhousing is all as you stated initially. The trannies are the same except for this minor detail. I know because I had an NA VG30DE with a TT flywheel and an NA tranny.

You probably want to add DETT front valence to the list? Other than that your list looks good.

Some really good detail about NA --> TT is here :
http://tinyurl.com/dnjdg

I've heard about breaking motor mounts but I've removed/reinstalled my DETT perhaps 6-7 times (at around 15hrs each time, ugh!) and haven't busted one yet(?).
datsunscom is offline   Reply With Quote