View Single Post
Old 09-09-2003, 11:31 PM   #12
PowerCrazy
AF Enthusiast

the 3.2 in the 911 forum is an '88. And as for the amount of modification, a 350 would be sick as all hell to have but you have to redo and retrofit, and a whole lot of stuff to fit it in there, not to mention find a way to feed the air a chevy 350 needs...... i have no clue on what it would take for a new 911 turbo engine, i think they're roughly 3.8L engines if im not mistaken, im not sure, but then you have the turbos to fit in there too, i really can't tell you the needed modifications needed for that one....... that '88 3.2L however i think is basically what porsche used for the 914/6 so there would be prolly very little modification to fit it..... now in all cases you'll probably want to make other mods, like a custom/performance oil cooler up front, better shocks and suspension maybe, and just stuff to let it handle the increase in power, for the 350 engine you'd want to make some definite changes, now that's not to say you can't just drop the engine in hook it up and go cause you could, but im just saying it might be a good idea to change/upgrade a couple things. if you want i can talk to my brother who is a porsche nut, he's had 2 914's a 924 and now is driving a 944 with hopes of aquiring a 911, he'd know more than i do on this if you want some more info. but also im sure if you e-mailed a porsche tech he could let you know the best setup to use with whatever engine you decide on. or again if you want i can give you the number of a porsche shop down here that has it's own race shop in the back of the garage. but anyway, lemme know what's up and good luck.
PowerCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote