View Single Post
Old 09-05-2003, 09:01 PM   #1
Dragonphreak
AF Newbie

Buying a Porsche 914

I've looked far and wide, and for the life of me, I can't seem to find a decently priced 911 body with nothing else for cheap, so I run across this lot here (Lubbock, Tx) and see a green 914. It looks in good condition, but the lot is known for buying wreckers and fixing them up, cars with Salvage titles. After a quick walk around there seems to be no body damage, but heres my questions, if there are no porsche mechanics around town, what should I look for when doing a more in detail look at the car? Its a 1975 914, 1.9L engine, how much would be a good offer for this dealer? He offered it to me for $3000, but I'm thinking that I could go for cheaper, but if Its that low with no visable body damage, might there be damage that I can't see? Anything that I should look at engine wise? I would like to drive this for racing purposes, and I have a few projects in mind on what I think might be fun to try, but would it be more worth my while to price it as a restoration and sell? Thanks for the help.
Dragonphreak is offline   Reply With Quote