Thread: RSX and snow
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2006, 08:20 PM   #2
mmont0
AF Regular

Re: RSX and snow

Yeah. A front wheel drive car without traction control isn't going to be your best bet for winter driving. The stock tire size but a winter tire might be better for you driving in the snow.

For the cars that I've driven - '79 Ford Fairmont, '85 Chevy Nova, '96 Dodge Neon, '95 Chevy Cavalier, '01 Dodge Grand Caravan and the RSX - I feel the safest in the RSX. The best winter drivability was with the Crapolier since it had traction control. That was about the best thing I can say about that car. The Caravan is nice since it weighs a lot and feels like a truck when driving it. In the Caravan, since it's so high off the ground, it seemed like it can push through way much more snow without any problem compared to any car.

I've driven the RSX in two winters with the stock and aftermarket rims/tires and it seems to handle very well considering it doesn't have traction control. You just can't step on the gas and expect to have traction in the icy/snowy roads. After driving my manual Neon in the snow for 6 years the RSX is definitely much, much, better.
mmont0 is offline   Reply With Quote