View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 10:44 AM   #40
scubacat
AF Enthusiast

Re: Reman tranny & Rebuilt Engine Replacement.

We're at 160K on ours but it gets used mostly for short trips. It takes a little work to keep running (last weekend was the passenger window motor -- a pretty common repair) but boy, the insurance costs practically nothing these days and being almost 14 years old, I don't care if the dogs mess it up or drool all over the place. Heck, the left quad seat has been out for over a year thanks to the new giant beast the wife brought home. That 88 lb rescue collie occupies that space regularly since it's the only thing she'll fit in. I even discovered the windstars at the junkyard with a bench seat have 2 covers for the slots for the right side mounting holes, so I pillaged 2 vans and got 4 covers for the holes so paws don't get stuck in there now (which would generate yet another endless vet bill.) Here's to hoping for another 160K out of this baby!

Oh, and still original transmission. I had some shudder last spring but it was just old fluid. Changed about 7 quarts of fluid, and it went right back to it's old form.
scubacat is offline   Reply With Quote