Thread: My New Cruiser
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #7
OzzyO
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to OzzyO Send a message via Yahoo to OzzyO
Re: My New Cruiser

Yes Fred it was on outer edge of the front engine hood, and attached to the hood just under that front edge with phillips screws and within 10 inches from the front of the engine hood is what looks like a hood scoop which I assume is for the air getting into the engine bay, I was really surprised the difference in gas milage without it. If your looking into buying one try to get the rear differential lock and auto trac because they both help the Cruiser alot in 4 wheel drive and I'm sure you can only get those options in the 4 wheel drive version of the fj cruiser. I was out driving in a snow storm where we got 44 centimeters of snow and that cruiser was awesome, I couldn't believe it, I have a 1994 ForeRunner and it's great in the snow but this cruiser was just unbelievable, even when hitting drifts partially across the road that suv just went through it without a jerk or pull in the steering at all. I know it has a wider wheel base than my 4runner but I was really surprised at how easily it took that snow and just mowed through it, there were no traction problems at all, the only times the wheels spun was if I walked on it lol, I had to get the tires to spin a lil bit lol.

Last edited by OzzyO; 01-13-2012 at 04:48 PM. Reason: more information
OzzyO is offline   Reply With Quote