View Single Post
Old 02-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #8
72chevelleOhio
AF Enthusiast

Re: Stepho's 75 Vette project (w/slide shows!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepho
and the doors possibly carbon fiber. I know a guy in the carbon fiber business so I'm going to see what kind of deal he will give me.
If you get a good deal and could afford it, that would be cool. I couldn't find the article, but in a magazine I subscribe to said the new ZR1 fenders are something crazy like well over $800 a piece. I wish I could find it. I got 2 costs stuck in my head one is $863 and the other is $1100. Maybe one is for another part....anyway, not cheap! I remember the mag. said they were shocked they went with that medical company to make them. (MRI machine parts?)
Anyway, I can tell you first hand......DON'T SHORTCUT. If you don't have the money, don't mess with it. My friend and I restored a tractor of his. He bought all kinds of stuff for it. He got factory paint (like $50 a quart back then) for the "frame", as we got it together he was running low on money so he bought cheapo paint (like $8 a quart then) for the "hood".....Long story short the "frame" still looks like a million bucks, the "hood" still looks like a$$.....
72chevelleOhio is offline   Reply With Quote