Thread: brake problem
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
luderr
AF Newbie

Re: brake problem

I have the same problem with my lude. and probably there are 57,000 people around the world who drives prelude have the same problem. I already replaced my master cylinder and replaced my brake fluid from all the wheels. I dont see any leak and my brake cylinder is always on full level. But my brake pedal still slowly go down to the floor. what else do I need to check thats causing this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy01
check rear wheel cylinders and if not master cylinder is bad take a uv light and check under the master cylinder and if you see residue then theres your prob. because i had aal the same symptoms you guys had so i went crazy trying to fix it finally i fixed it by changing master cylinder.. also the brakes work on engine vacuum so with the car off its gna feel hard but as soon as engine is on then the brake booster works and makes braking alot easier but what happens is if theres a hole in the system when you push the brakes the pressure is gna drop and the pressure will not be returned hence the soft pedal
luderr is offline   Reply With Quote