View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 08:02 AM   #19
46streetrod
AF Newbie

Re: Chrysler 2.7L Engine Problems

I owned a 02 Sebring w/ a 2.7 engine in it. I bought the car about 2 months ago from a selller on craigslist. Mistake number one. After only driving it for 3 weeks it ran hot. Found a crack in the sensor housing so I replaced that. No big deal I thought. A couple of days after that the engine started losing water everytime it was driven. Water pump went out. I take it to the repair shop for a waterpump and a seeping oilpan gasket plus oil sending unit. Repairs were made and the shop calls on the day I was to pick it up to tell me something else was wrong with the engine. Boiling water out each time they tried to fill it. Headgasket now. Shop has a good used late model engine with 42k mile on it. Replacing my engine would now cost $2300.00. Already agree to the $1000.00 for replacing the water, etc. but the shop is willing to knock off 500 bucks bringing the total now down to $1800.00. Shop agreed to take the new parts from my engine and put all in the used engine and do the swap. They will guarranty the engine and repairs for 90 days.
Should have listened to my son in law when he told me NOT to buy the car with the 2.7. Its junk!!! Its a money pit. Now we have too much money in this car to sale it so we're stuck.
46streetrod is offline   Reply With Quote