View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
das_auto
AF Regular

Re: new airbrush needle

Quote:
(sorry people, i know I'm annoying)
DonŽt worry mate, one of the great things about these forums is that we can all help each other out.

Quote:
1. will iwata needles work in my paasche VL? i think my passche came with a .5 mm needle
Most likely no...

Quote:
2. i want to go finer with my lines and was looking at iwata .2mm needles, assuming i can use this in my paasche will i need to buy a new nozzle and will that iwata noozle even fit. (yes i know 90% of fine lines come down to the user and not the needle)
Your needle options for the Paasche VL are as follows...

VLN-1 Fine lines needle
VLN-1 Fine lines needle (polished needle)
VLN-3 Medium Needle
VLN-5 Heavy Needle.

You will also need the corresponding nozzle tips.

Quote:
3. iwata makes a .1 something needle, i've read not to go below .2 if your going to be spraying water base paints, (which i am, tamiya water based) what if i crazy thin the paints, or is there no point in going that small.
I think youŽre fine. Tamiya acrylics are not real waterbased-latex paints like Vallejo and Testors acryl. The Tamiya paints have an alcohol base and behaves more like a modified lacquer.

Thin the Tamiya paints with their own X-20A thinner for fine line work and turn the pressure down low and youŽll be able to do stupidly fine lines even with a 0.5 nozzle and needle. I know I can with my Iwata Revolution Cr 0.5 mm.

Since youŽre from the states you can order new nozzles and needles here...

http://www.reuels.com/reuels/Airbrus...he_VL_VLS.html

Hope this helps you out!

Cheers!

Emil
das_auto is offline   Reply With Quote