View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 04:22 PM   #6
Smoghog
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: California Smog With A Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbluecivicsi
i didnt care to read your whole post. to answer the question, by the legnth of the post, you are making it much more comples than it need be." will you pass smog with a turbo?"

the answer is no. besides not pasing the actual sniffer will depend on your snail.

also, you cannot vent exhaust fumes under your hood.
I am sorry you have to disagree with SuperB But by disagreeing with him you are also disagreeing with the state of California. As a Smogger I agree with him.

All modifications that are emission related have to be C.A.R.B. approved period. (California Air Resources Board) I did check to see if any Garret turbo's are legal on the carb list and they are not. Therefore you are responsible to make it legal. Next time you buy any mod you need to check for a carb number. I am sorry for you being a noob but we all have had to learn somehow. As a smogger we can lose our job if we pass a car that is not legal. I like my job and I am not risking it for anyone.

SB is also correct on a visual inspection you will fail. It doesn't matter if your car will pass the exhaust sampling or not.

I do agree with you about the Hotrods and such, but it is a law and what can we do but abide by it.

You can remove the illegal parts and put back on the stock stuff for the test and then put it back on.

Welcome to California....

SH
Smoghog is offline   Reply With Quote