Thread: Cabin Vibration
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 10:48 AM   #12
artbuc
AF Newbie

Re: Cabin Vibration

Thanks Brian. Even though I can not see anything wrong with the transmission mount, I am going to replace it because I have run out of things to try. I can not find a DIY tutorial or video showing how to replace the tranny mount on the 99 Avalon/Camry V6. It looks like it could be simple but maybe not. The lower captive studs that drop into the subframe are long. Not sure if I can lift engine high enough to clear. Has anyone done this job? Do I have to drop subframe?

Edit: I found a description but it does not ring true. I removed the nuts from the lower captive studs and lifted the trans. The subframe moved with the trans. In the description, the guy removed top four mount bolts first then lifted trans, removed lower nuts and removed mount. I don’t understand why his trans moved independent of the mount. I wonder if he had already disconnected front motor mount and maybe other connecting points before lifting trans? His write up was pretty detailed so I would not think he would have left out this important step.

Last edited by artbuc; 04-27-2018 at 12:48 PM.
artbuc is offline   Reply With Quote