View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 11:26 AM   #8
drunken monkey
Razor Sharp Twit

Re: Monogram '71 Hemi Cuda

Ok guys, a few more explanations.

I started this kit on a whim and didn't even really mean to as I have way too many started kits that really should be finished first. What I then did without any referencing was to cement into place the front and rear pieces and puttying the panel lines; thinking that it should be a one piece body. It was only later when I looked some photos that I saw the panel lines that would've made this much easier than it turned out.

I didn't see that the rear lights' panel is supposed to be a semi-gloss black or even matt black finish with chrome trim; a job that is going to be a little difficult to mask and spray without an airbrush.

The same with the engine bay.
I only noticed later that the engine bay is usually body colour. I had masked it before applying the green so as to not have too much paint in there before I remasked for a black engine bay.
I also didn't see how the rear lights are supposed to be but this is an easier fix.
I've also just noticed that the side lights need to be painted.

I also lost a light lens to the great shaggy carpet pile in the sky.

But I really liked this kit. It was simple but with decent enough detail and more than enough room to fit it all in. Defintely one I will build again once I finish the other started kits.

Read them.

Currently in the process of re-hosting my photos.
If any go missing, drop me a PM.
drunken monkey is offline   Reply With Quote