View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 04:50 PM   #1
wryx10
AF Newbie

'95 3.8L Primary/Sec Resistance for Ignition Coil

Hello folks,

Skip to the end if you aren't interested in the history of this...

I've been having problems since I bought my first car - a '95 Trans Sport 3.8L, about a month ago.

First off the A/C wouldn't blow - that got fixed somehow after taking it to a mechanic - they said we needed a new solenoid, which made sense. We'd taken it in for a different problem though (see below) and so declined to fix the A/C, which worked from the time we drove it out of the lot.

We took it back the following day to have the main problem investigated - the van surges at ~45mph or so - around the shift from 1st to 2nd. Mechanics replaced the sparks and wires, and fuel filter (it was filthy), and suggested Accron, which we have used twice since.

The van ran nicer for a while, but still surges occasionally, usually either at ~45mph or so, or when under load uphill.

Now we find that in addition the van occasionally refuses to start. The engine turns over, but doesn't 'kick in.'

We're thinking it might be the coil, so I'm going to try and borrow a multimeter this weekend and check it out. So...

What I was going to ask is:

Does anybody have the primary/secondary resistance for the coil in a '95 3.8 Vin L?

Thanks for this and any other suggestions in advance,

wryx10
wryx10 is offline   Reply With Quote