View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 05:54 AM   #2
dafeeder
AF Newbie

Re: 1996 Chevy Lumina ignition problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAzureSkye View Post
Hi guys! I honestly don't know much about cars, and I have a problem starting my car! So please, be as simple as possible!!! So here is my problem:

I started my car in the morning. My engine turned over after the second try just fine, though I had to hit the gas to make it go. I was a little low on gas, so I went to the station and filled up. When I tried to start up though, it turned over but refused to start! It was at the pump, one of the most unfortunate of locations, so I pushed it over to a parking space and left it while I went to work. When I came back and tried to start my car, the engine didn't even turn over. I tried jump starting it, but my car still didn't turn over. I know my battery at least has SOME charge, because it runs the lights, radio, windshield wipers, etc, but no engine turning over.
Asking around, they told me it could be the starter... or the battery... or the wiring... but unfortunately I have no clue! Also, I was reading some other online forums, and they mentioned that if my "Check Engine Light" wasn't turning on, it could be that.

Anyway, thank you for your time, and if you need me to clarify or answer more questions, feel free to ask me!!
I would start with the battery.
dafeeder is offline   Reply With Quote