View Single Post
Old 11-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
arthurjohn
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to arthurjohn
Question Re: 1996 S-10 Blazer DTC Problem (P1192)

Well... here I am weeks later, a few more hundred dollars less and everything still remains the same with these 2 DTC codes popping up. I'm beginning to wonder if I should find another computer for the thing... a few people that I've come across say they heard that replacing the computer does the trick. But who knows!

I happen to change the plugs last night and discovered that the Bank 1 side (Drivers Side) seems to be running rich, while Bank 2 is burning normally. I'm getting random misfire code(s) and also after running for about an hour or so, I begin to lose power, it has no ass taking off from a stand still and the more that I stand on the gas, it's like putting on the brakes! If I let it sit for about 15 minutes to a half hour, it starts and runs like a normal vehicle again. I'm losing my patience with the thing...

I figure it's a ignition overhaul time for it now. It sat for over 24hours without being started last week, and it took me well over 10 minutes to get it to start! While I cranked, I could hear a faint sound of it even trying to fire... it was almost like something needed some time to warm up... some electronic piece of the ignition system cause it was getting plenty of fuel but spark was hitting here and there while trying to start it (spark seemed "weak"). I do know the ICM can "wear out" even though it's a solid state electronic piece, the voltage regulator in the alternator proved that to me a few weeks back when it failed. So with the lost of power, misfiring, and a real hard start cold and/or hot, it's leading me to believe the ICM is telling me it's time for it to die. Anyone else agree with me, or is it possible that I'm pointing my fingers at the wrong piece of equipment??
arthurjohn is offline   Reply With Quote