Thread: Production???
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2003, 03:36 PM   #4
Jared_80
Banned

Re: Re: Production???

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimUK
No theres not a Street car or any Speed 12 going into production infact.
Peter wheeler (The chairman of TVR) decided agaisnt making the car for road use as the engine was so powerfull he decided the general public would not acctually be able to handle it.
The original speed 12 engine acctually broke a Roll road dyno which was rated at 1000bhp. The engine was a major thing for TVR as it was not turbo'd or supercharged!

And before you start calling me a BS my dad owns a TVR V8S and is subseqently a member of the Offical TVR car club and gets regular magazines from them, and this info was in a article.

Hu I am not questioning you honesty or anything but TVR has to sell a certain number of a car to race it in the GT series right? I could have sworn that I have seen a Speed 12 race car so was is it an illigal race car or did the rules change or did they sell them as a non street legal car? Since you seem to know alot about TVR could you please explin to me what are the downsides of using a steel engine and steel tube frame? TVR makes their cars very light and I am woundering why we Americans don't use the same basic design in our cars.