View Single Post
Old 12-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #1
Cpulley7
AF Newbie

Harsh/Jerky shifting , 08 Forenza

Hi, I have a 2008 Sazuki Forenza, the problem I'm encountering is jerky shifting. For example, when I am going 60 and slow down to 55, when I press on the gas to reaccelerate, the car jerks forward. I can also feel the car shift into 2 and 3 lightly depending on how fast I am accelerating. The car did have a trans leak but I got the coolant line seals replaced and stopped the leak, I also got the fluid topped off upon fixing the leak. I am going to get the fluid flushed and completely replaced sometime this week. But what else should I get checked out when I take it to the shop? Here's some additional info about how the vehicle acts that may be related and helpful. When I start the car cold, the rpms rev up close to 3k, then slowly goes down, sometimes lightly idleing up and down. I don't know if this is because it's winter or a throttle problem. The car doesn't slip when I put it into drive/reverse, so that's fine. The tpms system malfunctions and doesn't work half the time. The power door locks don't work like they're supposed to. Sometimes you can hear them try to engage/disengage rapidly but they never do. Other than that everything works fine to my knowledge.

Thanks!
Cpulley7 is offline   Reply With Quote