View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
lovegt40
ItaloSvensk

Re: IVECO Turbostar refurbish

here is possible to see the first shorter spoiler provided by italeri and its mistaken shape,sad for this guy that finish a pretty nice model:

instead now is time to fix the interiors. As for my 697truck I try keep some life in it, so some "recreative" magazines and posters, some cigarettes, a newspaper...

also here i see it could be messy backdate a turbostar kit into something previous cause also dashboard and other interior parts are too different from 190 series tractors....
Cabin is now completed at most.

it is still missing the upper metal frame for the interiors of the upper wing. too easy to break it while moving this huge part, as well as side mirrors and such kinda details. Also side mirrors are typical of 1984 turbostar.

and then...the real fun can begin. I love to work over the steel chassis and its mechanical parts. I painted in a draker red all the mainframe parts. It helps a lot to have any sort pf previousheavy paint under, woking as a primer. The dark tones are all made with oil paint very thinnered and filtered

and remember: a very easy way to improve a lot the appeal of italeri truck wheels is just to shorter the inner hub of the wheel. For no reason they made it too long, and is quite messy to cut it properly without damaging the side bolts. At the end anyway the look will be this, and I personally like theme a lot more than standard ones.

lights done with alclad silver just lightly airbrushed over the edges of the parts.

all electric wires are made with melted black sprue

moisture of oil black semigloss and black chalks for the grease in this area.

website www.alsoldatino.com
my YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIp..._as=subscriber
FB: https://www.facebook.com/alsoldatino
lovegt40 is offline   Reply With Quote