View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 09:45 PM   #1
sjaguar13
AF Newbie

What to do, what to do, what to do?

I need to sell my van. It fully carpeted in the back, so I bought it for my band. Now I am trying to sell it to a band. I posted message on 2 websites, and put up two flyers in music stores. I had it on eBay, but I didn't want to pay the $80, so I listed it as a musical instrument, and again in business and industrial. It didn't sell there. Bands are interested, but they don't have any money.

My dad has been a mechanic for over 30 years, so it runs great, but he thinks cars are worthless. The last couple of cars we bought were $200 (perfect running condition, ran strong for 5 years that we had it) and the most recent car we go free because the guy who owned it was tired of paying to get it fixed. I want $900. I post saying I want $1,250. Then when they call, I say I will take $1,000. That leaves $100 if they want to deal even more.

My dad says I should cut the price in half or more. I should find someone who wants it and take whatever they have. He found someone who had $200. He kept irratating the hell out of me to sell it for $200. It was my dad's friend, so I am pretty sure he was trying to get him a good deal.

Here's what I am thinking, I could fix it up a little and make it prettier, but that would cost money and then I would have to ask for more. People can't afford it now. I am beginning to think I shouldn't try to sell it to bands. My van is more for a vanner. I am thinking that after I do the stuff to it, I will put it on eBay the right way, and pay the $80.

Here's what the van looks like now:

The seats are in bad condition, but they are the swivel kind:

Carpet and doghouse are messed up:

It's hard to see, but the doghouse has a lot of marks all over it:

The dash is three different colors:

The carpet is beginning to sag on the roof:
sjaguar13 is offline   Reply With Quote