View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 08:30 PM   #63
Eric Cole
AF Enthusiast

Re: MFH 1/12 Porsche 956 Short Tail Ver. 'B'

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the compliments.

Here's a little more progress completed.

Pretty much finished up the wiring and plumbing in the engine/transaxle area. There is a little more plumbing to add to the turbos but it's getting close to done. Once I receive some more A/N Fittings from RBMotion I can finish this up and finish up the front brake cylinders, etc.

Also started test fitting the body. First attempt was a little disappointing but at the same time closer than what I expected and I had only set and snapped pieces into place without any adjustments or the screws that hold the parts.

I made some adjustments to some of the body parts by sanding and drilling larger holes for locating pins, etc. I got a much better result after an hour or so of working with it. Last, I bent and reshaped the doors for a better fit. Then assembled it all using the appropriate screws and tape for a temporary hold. Here I also only spent about 5 minutes on each door so I feel confident with more time and a Dremel I can make the doors fit.

Here's the biggest problem with fitting the body parts on my short tail version. The rear engine cover is narrower than the main body piece. Also, the top surface of the rear engine cover sits lower than the main body piece. However, at the top roof line where the engine cover and main body come together they are at the correct height and match up well.

I will need to widen the engine cover and add height to the engine cover where needed so it all lines up correctly when done. Time for razor saws, plastic sheet and some putty.

Other Model Pictures Here:
http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/justdande/
Eric Cole is offline   Reply With Quote