Thread: Ferrari F60
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2001, 04:20 PM   #25
danmangt40
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to danmangt40
?

dude, innotech, don't get your panties in a bunch. There's no need to get all defensive about the f50. Hell, they only made 349 of them, and its not like you own one, and its also not like I called it ugly. Its a frickin ferrari. They're all gorgeous, and even the f50 isn't the least so. But at the same time, nobody considers a mondial in the same class of looks as a 360 modena or f355. My point is that for my $500,000, there's typical gorgeous, and then there is drop-dead life altering gorgeous that nobody forgets. I saw a mcLaren f1 at the mclaren dealership in london in 1995. I almost busted a nut just standing there. (sorry, I'm that much of a car freak) it was like my holy grail. I'll put some pics up of what I was talking about with the f50, eventually, but sorting through an assload of car pics isn't something I'm up to doing right now. The fact is that the engineers built the f50, and the stylists didn't really do as much as maybe they should have. Its somewhat gangly design for such a throughtfully designed piece of work. its still kate moss, just she's high on the floor in a pile of what she ate a few hours earlier from that angle. And about that 3d appreciation thing, you are right about cars in the flesh, but it doesn't carry over fully to models, man, I had about 70 (including an f50) of them back in high school but I didn't bring them with me to college. In addition, I ogled an F50 I ran into in Florida for about an hour. I'm not saying its not an eyegrabber or that its in any way unattractive. That F50 still had a weird looking front end from most offset angles. But I'll say it again so you don't lose your tampon up there, Its a good looking car, but for all that I expected from "f50" it was a disappointment. but this is supposed to be f60 forum, so if you are reading this, go up a few entries and tell me that that elongated front overhang on the black f60 prototype seems ridiculously long, even for ferrari, and that it seems that its hiding the real face under there. it doesn't matter, but it makes for fun writing on a saturday morning, don't you think?
write some more guys, this is fun... pics soon as I sober up ;-)
dan