Thread: Car won't start
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 02:32 AM   #1
dcollie
AF Newbie

Exclamation Car won't start

Grand Vitara 98

Came back from a 2 week holiday and it wouldn't start. I had to get it pushed for it to kick in. I thought that the battery might be low so I gave it a good run. After running for a bit it does start but as soon as I leave it for a few hours it won't start again without a push. I now have to park on hills

I took it to 2 different battery shops. Both tested the battery, alternator and starter motor (with a machine - see print out photo) and said that there is nothing wrong. They weren't mechanics so they can't be sure that it's not the battery but their computer thinks it's fine.

I will take it to a mechanic if need be but I just wanted to see if anyone had any advice before I go down this route? I was wondering if it's possible that the battery shows up fine on the machine because I've been driving it for a bit on the way to the shop? But when idle it drains.

I've checked to make sure no lights, radio, cigarette lighter is on when I leave the car. It was fine before I went on holiday so I'm still suspicious of the battery but I'd like to here some other opinions.

Thanks!
dcollie is offline   Reply With Quote