View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
drkPu1se
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 Eclipse sounds like a popcorn machine

Hi again! Just an update.... the popcorn has stopped completely! I think it has something to do with the warm weather... anyways.. the popping only happens when I gas it around tight corners.

Here's the new concern of my car - not sure if I should just put this in another tag.. - again I am car illiterate, but here's my personal diagnosis. My Eclipse will now feel like there is grinding when taking off, and doesn't shift right. I've already caught crap about it, but my Eclipse is an automatic, and my personal diagnosis about the grinding is it has something to do with my transmission. One of my friends told me that stock automatic Eclipses receive transmissions that go to crap after about 60k miles. Well.... I just turned it to 164k literally this morning.

Anyways, that's my next issue I want to address. After that's figured out, I want to find out what the heck the previous owner did with the wiring in it... The stereo is definitely not wired to the ignition switch. Killed my battery once already. I just tore the stereo out until I can find out how to fix that... Again, car illiteracy is in me haha!

Thanks for the help!
drkPu1se is offline   Reply With Quote