View Single Post
Old 02-01-2005, 05:25 PM   #14
satchmode
AF Regular

i work at tenaya lodge near yosemite, and in the winter the road up there is a terrible and dangerous thing. well one day last year i was cruisin up there in about 4 inches of fresh powder(and still snowing). well the highway patrols weren't out and the chain requirement signs weren't flipped, even though they usually flip them because we have a lot of retarded tourists from LA and other sunnier parts of Cali who can't drive in the snow...plus this road is like Kart heaven, some flat turns, some banked turns, long straights followed by sharp turns, and other general fun stuff in the summer. well i was following this big AWD truck, and he was kind of cutting a path for me when he started to fishtail around a turn. he eventually lost it not more than 200 feet in front of me. as he was turned sideways in the road, taking up both lanes, i had three options, hit him, hit the side of the mountain, or fly of a fifty foot cliff. my initial reaction was to dive(as fast as possible without spinning myself) into the other lane. well he had locked his brakes so he had no control and was spinning very slowly...and i just inched by in the other lane as he came close enough to a 180 that i could squeeze by unscathed. i didn't stop for that retard...he had a big truck with 4WD and i had my 86 stang with normal all weather tires. i got to work just fine, but that guy freaked me out sooo bad.

Rally is my true aspiration.
satchmode is offline   Reply With Quote